Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The overwhelmed bride

I got engaged two weeks ago. Cheesy as it may sound but after 30 years of waiting/not waiting, I can proudly say that I've finally met my 'the one'. My significant other, N, and I were high school batchmates but we were never classmates. Having different sets of friends, we never had to chance to say hi to each other let alone interact with one another. After high school, both of us went to the same university and took different majors. We only each other by name although he persistently insists that there was one incident where we bumped on each other and finally got introduced which honestly honey, I don't really remember. Fast forward 9 years later, our paths crossed again on, well, facebook. He emailed me, I emailed back, we meet and person and they say the rest is history. Two days later, reality struck me when I realized what's next after the engagement.

Wedding. A word I have never thought about until 2 weeks ago. I guess I'm not the typical girl who knows what she'll wear on her big day since day 1 or someone who knows what colors of dresses her bridesmaids will wear and all that kind of fun stuff. Honestly, I've never been to a lot of weddings although I've been a maid of honor twice (my twin sis' and cousins nuptials) which I have vague memories of so I don't even know what people do on such occasion, what they wear, how they behave, etc. And now I have to prepare my very own. And to make matters even more complicated, we (our parents) decided to have the wedding back home even though both of us are residing overseas. So we started checking out churches/chapels, reception venues, wedding vendors, suppliers and in order to keep my sanity, I decided to write a blog of this one heck of an adventure also known as my future wedding. I am not a girly girl and right now, I can honestly say that I'm one lost bride and hoping in the process to find myself and eventually have the wedding I didn't dream of but would've wanted if I would dream of one. Enjoy the ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment