Friday, June 4, 2010

Location location location

I was born in Quezon City, grew up in the province, went back to QC in high school and stayed in Manila before I moved to the US. If I were to pick a location for my wedding, I would say, in an airport, a bus station or ferry dock. I can’t think of one place in the above mentioned which I can really call my home. So picking my wedding place should't be that difficult but boy was I wrong.

Groom-to-be and I decided to have a simple wedding with very limited number of guests and since my interests (and his presumably) geared towards nature and outdoors, the first choice for the place would be in Tagaytay overlooking the Taal Volcano abound by rolling hilly terrain would be the perfect destination. Perfect for a geologist like me. The day we told the parents, N’s mom and pop rushed to the Tagaytay to check out churches and reception venues. As pour moi, the best I can do is read blogs on the previous weddings held in the area.

There were a couple of churches in Tagaytay which piqued our interests including Caleruega where one of our friends got married (http://www.dominicans.ph/caleruega/index/) and Our Lady of Lourdes (http://lourdeschurchtagaytay.wordpress.com/lourdes-church-photos/). The reception venues are a plentiful to choose from as well since Tagaytay is becoming more and more popular destination for wedding these days. Either church would’ve worked but apparently it’s not only the location that we have to consider. Most of our relatives and friends reside in Manila so we thought that we should reconsider finding a place of easier access for everyone.

And to Manila we came back. Stressed out on reserving the wedding date that we wanted, I was surfing the web for church photos of every church I can find in the net. June is a very popular and busy months for weddings and to reserve as early as now is a must. I stumbled across various blogs, websites and photos but remote planning your wedding can be a very daunting task. The thing is, anything can look good on paper but to experience and see what the place really looks like is a totally different story. Not only that, once I found a church that we think would work for us, the issue of the reception venue would come up next. Seriously, it never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment